Monday, June 15, 2009

On the road

I ran around last week getting ready for a combined conference/vacation excursion. I’ve noticed a consistent pattern when I’m planning to travel to city, like Chicago or Rome: I suddenly become extra-critical of my wardrobe and decide it isn’t good enough. So I run around madly trying to fill in all the gaps I notice. My desperate shopping trips before I travel are regular enough that I should probably start scheduling a day before I lave specifically for them. Or I try to improve how I feel about my clothes, I suppose.

I’m looking forward to this trip. The conference I’m attending is held only once every two years, and they restrict the number of attendees. It’s held on a beautiful, tiny college campus right on the coast of Maine. Because it’s small enough that you get to know everyone, and because the schedule has lots of free time, it’s quite an enjoyable experience.

Andrew is driving up with me and camping during the week I’ll be at the conference. I expect he’ll spend the whole week hiking, and that’s an activity I have no desire to share. Then we’ll spend a week in Boston for our summer vacation. I’ve managed to do some research, and along with the touristy activities, I’ve found no less than THREE restaurants that offer vegetarian prix fixe menus. We will be eating well.

If I don’t manage to post in the next two weeks, then I’ll see you all in July.

3 comments:

stef said...

Have a wonderful time! I've always wanted to go to Boston. Can't wait to hear all about it.

unclem-nm said...

If Andrew can make it, tell him to hike at Mount Katahdin. It is truly one of the most spectacular places in New England for hiking and if he camps out he should try to camp in Katahdin's Great Basin.

alexis said...

have a great holiday! can't wait to see the food updates.