Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Back and forth

Andrew and I have our airport routine down pat. He always leaves on Tuesdays on the 7am flight, because that's cheap and gets him to school at Maryland by midday. So yesterday we woke up before 5am, and I drove him to the airport. It works out pretty well, because then he sleeps on the whole flight to Maryland, and I have enough time to go back home and sleep for a few more hours before heading to work. Yesterday I had driven back home, had something to eat, and was crawling, gratefully, back to bed at 6am. The phone rang and Andrew said, "It turns out my flight is tomorrow. Can you come pick me up?" I should have told him to wait at the airport until tomorrow, but I'm awfully fond of the boy. So I drove back and picked him up and then today we woke up at 5am to do it again. This time he actually flew away.

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

So glad to know that you are looking after the boy so well.

alexis said...

LOL RM! Oh no. It could have been worse. Imagine if his flight had been the day before?

unclem-nm said...

Wow. Tough household. It took a lot more years for us to reach the point where I would understand I needed to just stay at the airport for the day.