Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Naptime

I decided that I would like a bench in my office. Officially, it's to provide seating. But I also think it's nice to be able to nap in your office. The problem is that benches are surprisingly expensive - unless the problem is that I'm excessively frugal. In any case, Andrew went to Home Depot and loaded up the car with wood. He had to put the top down to get it all to fit in.

And in one weekend he built me a bench. The cushion actually took more work than the construction, because I had to find a foam supplier. Voila, office furniture!
Some of my coworkers have said that they plan to sneak in and use it when I'm not around. But I have a defense against that: due to limited space, I made the bench almost precisely my height. Since almost everyone in the U.S. is taller than me, they will be out of luck if they try to sneak their own naps.

4 comments:

alexis said...

custom made furniture, and it turned out very lovely indeed!

de-I said...

Good job Andrew

Though I would point out that as a "bench" it looks amazingly like a "bed".

Denise Annemarie said...

I love it!

Bernice said...

Great solution for a frugal couple.