Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Introducing Mollie

Meet Mollie the cat. She had lived the last ten years in my parents' shop, venturing out to decimate the local mouse population. We think she is now about fourteen years old, and she will be spending her final retirement years at my house. She is named for molybdenum, which is an element used to strengthen steel, and particularly appreciated by my father for its use in motorcycle frames.

She is tiny, completely deaf, and seems to love every person that she meets, but she is deeply and profoundly suspicious of the dog. Ada mainly ignores her, so I think in time they'll get along fine. Mollie lived on a farm up to this point, and there really were plenty of creatures (such as hawks and coyotes) that would have been happy to eat her, so this paranoia is somewhat reasonable.

4 comments:

Kyla said...

I'm so glad Mollie is adjusting to her new home! I miss you guys!

Gill - UK said...

Mollie is tiny - even smaller than Phi?
I think she will soon adapt to her new surroundings.

alexis said...

RM's Home for Geriatric Cats welcomes a new family member! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.