Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Winter

     It has finally started to feel like winter, and there is even the chance of snow this weekend. I'm not quite ready for fall to be over, because I haven't raked up all my leaves and if I admit winter has arrived then I'm a delinquent home owner.
     My winter wardrobe is complete, though. I keep trying to maintain a minimalist wardrobe, which for me means about seven work outfits and two DIY (i.e. blue jeans and paint-splattered shirts) outfits, with everything else packed away in the basement. I made a wool skirt last year and I was so pleased with it that I made another one this year. I'm modeling it in this picture, which I can thank my Spanish tutor for. (When he's not helping me with his Spanish, he's working on his photography business.)
     The other sign of the season is my Christmas party. As usual, I'm throwing a big, formal, dress-up party. This has involved two weeks of decorating and cooking, and it all culminates on Saturday. This time the wow-the-attendees menu item is samosas. I'm planning to fry them all in the morning and reheat right before serving. I might be a semi-professional hostess, but I draw the line at trying to deep-fry in a silk evening gown.

4 comments:

de-I said...

Nice skirt on a lovely lady. No leaves to be raked here so no guilt about not raking them.

alexis said...

that's a nice photo too! I would like also please photos of your silk dress. We are having folks over for pre-xmas drinks but it will be anything but a formal event.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Smart thinking to do the frying ahead of time. I have had a few disasters with company present!

Gill - UK said...

There are still plenty of leaves on the trees in your photo - its a lovely setting.
When you rake up the rest of your leaves, I hope you will use them to make leaf mould - its brilliant for mulch and improves your soil organically.