Sunday, December 16, 2018

Tis the season


I threw my annual dress-up-and-eat-finger-food holiday party last weekend. This time, I was completely happy with every single thing I made. In particular, I found a great recipe for a raspberry torte that only had three layers, which meant it took about 90 minutes to make, instead of the usual three hours I usually have to reserve for German tortes.  And I will definitely make the Turkish Poğaça, a feta-stuffed bread, again, although not anytime soon because I still have three dozen left over in my freezer  that I'm trying to eat up.

As usual, I forgot to take any pictures, but my friend E remembered. Our group from grad school posed for this one. Don't we physicists clean up well?
And last night I attended a concert of early English music at the Folger Shakespeare Library, which has a Elizabethean-era theater. I had never been there before, which reminds me that at some point I need to hone my tourist skills and try hard to see more of the corners of Washington, DC that I have thus far missed. Maybe I can do that right after I finish the bathroom construction...

4 comments:

alexis said...

you guys do tidy up well! I am curious how does one make a German torte a finger food?

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Your party food sounds delicious!

Gill - UK said...

The starship Enterprise made the party too.

de-I said...

Seriously, can you really call it Christmas if you do not have at least one Star Trek ornament on your tree? We have a rather prominent Cpt Janeway which is just below our angel (thank you RM) and a Borg Cube. I think the invoking the Borg is particularly Christmasy