Saturday, August 05, 2006

Beach Days







Lately I spend six out of seven days studying for my upcoming quals. Sigh... There's nothing more fun than working physics problems for ten hours a day, but on Sundays I allow myself a day off. And for the past few weeks (and this upcoming weekend too) we've gone out to a State Park/National Seashore called Assateague. It's a very long, thin island on the edge of Maryland and Viriginia, complete with beaches, bountiful wildlife, and wild horses. Yes, for reasons that are never explained, several packs of wild horses live on this island.

I'm not normally a beach person, but after spending the long week working in a windowless room staring at papers that command things like, "Use second order time independent perturbation theory to find the shift to the nth energy level," it feels really good to let waves pummel you and just bake your brains out.

So, I'm posting some pictures of me and Andrew stylishly enjoying the waves, and one nice one of the horses. It feels a bit surreal to be wading in the surf and then see a horse wandering by. It might be the one time in my life when I'm happier to see a horse than a motorcycle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your boyfriend needed the beach sun more than you did. It took a little bit to see where his body ended and where the sand began.

alexis said...

I feel the same way about kayaking.

Anonymous said...

To my camera woman - I fell in love with Andrew for his delicate English skin :) In any case, you'll be happy to know after the last trip he's now a fairly bright shade of pink.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Looks like you had the place fairly to yourselves as well...?
It relaxes me just to imagine such a place.;)

Anonymous said...

Pale is the new black.