Thursday, August 07, 2008

Surreal scenes - resolved

The answer came to me in the middle of the night! You photo sleuths think you're so clever, but I couldn't figure out where that photo came from. This is the first time I've ever renewed my license in this state, and when they took my picture five years ago, it was a different color. And about five inches shorter.

Now these minor details might escape someone (like my future husband, say) but I know that picture couldn't be from five years ago. So I ruminated long and hard. Do they share pictures with the federal government? I mean, could that be my passport photo? But that seemed pretty unlikely. Could the have taken my photo for any other reason? I mean, there was that mug shot they took after the incident with the...

And then it hit me. Four days earlier, I had attempted to renew my license, but at the last minute, they decided I didn't have the right paperwork. I had already waited an hour in line, and more importantly, they had already taken my picture. Mystery solved. The picture is me a week ago.

I'm sure we can all rest easier now.

5 comments:

alexis said...

scooby doo couldn't have done better :)

stef said...

woosh- to be fair. None of us sleuths had that extra bit of information. Glad the mystery is solved though! (You know you're going to have to go through this again in a month if you change your name, right?)

Anonymous said...

I'm not changing my name - avoiding dealing with the MVA more than necessary is just one of the benefits of being an over-the-top feminist.

Anonymous said...

Darn - I hate when my basic paranoia is disproved.

Matty Lau said...

Phew! Good to know that the insanity that exists at the DMV isn't the result of some weird conspiracy...but really the result of just plain ol' insanity.
Thank goodness!