Sunday, February 08, 2009

Look, pretty pictures!

I've been working non-stop this week (and this weekend). Although I haven't had time to blog, it doesn't much matter because I haven't had time to do anything to blog about. I'm headed to a conference later this week in Chicago, which will be fun, but has also led to four deadlines hitting me all at once. I can't imagine getting my head above water until after that, so check back next week some time.

In the meantime, here are some pictures to entertain you. Remember all that advice I requested last year on how to best spend large-ish amounts of wedding money? We decided to invest not in gold or platinum, but in stainless steel.
For car repairs and assorted projects in the upcoming decades.


For many years of improved cooking (I hope), a set of three pots and two frying pans from all-clad. I must admit that they are a joy to cook with, and do clean very easily once you figure out the system. I also managed to convince Andrew to let me buy a knife which cost more than my entire previous knife set. And it chops. Very well. Enough said.

4 comments:

Bernice said...

You both got something really shiny. How cool is that. I am sure you both will enjoy your choices.

Anonymous said...

Those are things that you will be using many decades from now and getting great pleasure...good choice.

stef said...

Ooooo. Very shiny! Thank goodness you just reminded me- I totally forgot we were going to see you this week. Yay!

alexis said...

shiny, pictures... oooo wait did you say something about not posting?