Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holidays = mainly food

Sorry about falling off the face of the earth - after that third party I was just done in. Since then, the holidays plus the end of the semester just filled up my time.

We managed to get out of Maryland less than twelve hours before the storm of the century hit. I don't know if that's what they're actually calling it, but the two feet of snow that fell last week were more than Maryland had seen in 70 years. I'm a bit disappointed that we missed it, because I love winter, but I suppose that helping to shovel out the driveway wouldn't have been quite as much fun

We spent the past week for my parents. Now that I'm grown, my mother and I have an arrangement: I do almost all of the cooking, and she does almost all the dishes. In the past six days I've made: homemade pasta with creamy pesto sauce, cinnamon pecan rolls, Challah, nachos, homemade macaroni and cheese, Thai peanut noodles, a full meal of tapas, and a mushroom lasagna. I may have to go home and recover by eating only salads.

So, now we're off to make (and eat) more food. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Stef said...

Sounds delicious!

unclem-nm said...

That's funny my kids like it the other way around.

Point of clarification - We had 2 feet of snow in the late 70's in MD so that's only 30 years.

alexis said...

wow, I really enjoyed doing nothing this year! you are an awesome chef!

Gill - UK said...

The cinnamon pecan rolls sound tasty - do you have a recipe to share?