Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Advent

The house is decorated. Buddha and the kokopelli (more info on the New Mexican troublemaker here) are swathed in tinsel. I'm embarrassed that my Christmas decorating mantra seems to be, "The more tinsel, the better."
I've made and hung snowflakes, just as I do every year. This year I figured out how to make 3-D snowflakes.
And, for the first time ever, I made an Advent calendar for Andrew. When I was an exchange student in Germany, many years ago, my host mother made an Advent calendar for me. She sewed 24 little bags and put treats in each one.
Since today is December 1st, Andrew got to open the first one. I've used much better chocolate than those pre-filled cardboard calendars usually have.

4 comments:

alexis said...

that is awesome! But how come you don't get one too?

unclem-nm said...

I am all with the "more tinsel is better? school

Pulisha said...

Oh those 3D snowflakes look like a great project. I'll have to try that with the kids this weekend.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I really love the snow flakes, thanks so much for the link!