Thursday, February 18, 2010

The snow melts slowly

Things are almost back to normal in DC. Driving is still treacherous, because deep potholes have appeared like urban mushrooms and you must dodge the pedestrians forced to walk in the street by the mountains of snow in the sidewalks. Schools have resumed. My university has declared that the academic calendar cannot be extended, nor spring break cancelled, but that professors must make up the classes somehow. I had some trouble getting back to DC, but since I was happy to be stuck outside of DC rather than in the middle of "Snowmageddon," I didn't complain too much.

In related news, I've noticed that a few of my winter coats are appearing a bit frayed and worn. Maybe all this extra-snowy weather has caused premature aging. Rather than go to the work of replacing them, I've decided to just go somewhere where I won't need them. That's why I'm happy to announce that in May I'll be moving to Miami, where, coincidentally, I have just accepted a job.

8 comments:

unclem-nm said...

Congratulations on the job!

Cool Miami. I've never spent much time there.

Great, great South and Central American inspired cuisine.

Bernice said...

I have not been to Miami either but am sure I will visit now. Airfare is just $250 round trip from Cleveland.

Gill - UK said...

CONGRATULATIONS
I look forward to your blog continuing - with photos of course.
It's time to buy shares in factor 50.

Aunt Gloria said...

Congrats on the Job, RM. It's another excuse for us to visit Florida!

Stef said...

Congrats! Coincidentally my family will be in Miami for a few days in early august for vacay. Hope we can arrange a meetup!

Charly said...

Wau,
thanks for the greetings but today ist not my birthday. It's at the 7th march.
LG Charly

Pulisha said...

RM, that's so awesome! It will be so great to have family here in FL. We'll only be 3 hours away from you & Andrew! You are going to love it down here. I have been bitching b/c it has actually gotten down into the 40s (at night) here; quite the change from the NE! :)

alexis said...

oh my holy god - how did I miss this? CONGRATSS!!!@!!!!!!