Saturday, March 13, 2010

A comedy of errors

Things are falling apart all around me, and since Andrew is on "deal with all things non-thesis" duty, he's had to put out a lot of fires. (Um, there haven't been any actual fires so far. I guess things could be worse.)

First, he had to take the cat to the vet for her annual check-up. She was more frightened than usual, and her bladder couldn't handle the strain. Now the car smells like an outhouse, and it's going to take several cleaning treatments to get it cleaned up. Next, the car's fan quit working, which meant we were driving in a car that smelled like pee. Without a ventilation fan. With the windows closed, because it was pouring rain. This morning he went out (in the rain) to repair the fan, and discovered that the storm had blown over the motorcycle in the night. This broke the motorcycle battery and spilled battery acid everywhere.

Suddenly I don't have time to do anything else besides write.

6 comments:

greta said...

Unfortunately, all I have to offer is sympathy...because I have no suggestions for removing the smell or the battery acid. Sorry Andrew!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

unclem-nm said...

I feel your pain, trust me, I do.

alexis said...

oh no! when it rains it pours. :( Reminds me I have to take the cat to the vet....

Bernice said...

I thought we should be saying "Hang in there" to SWRM but the encouragement goes to Andrew instead! Hang in there Andrew.

Gill - UK said...

Worse things happen at sea!
Andrew and the cat are coping so you can concentrate on the things that only you can do.