Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Near the end


I'm to the point where I only leave my desk to eat and sleep. In fact, a coworker recently suggested that if I napped at my desk, preferably with my hands on the keyboard, I could save even more time. But I must draw the line somewhere, I think.

I find myself depending even more than usual on little treats to reward myself. I am especially grateful for having such a pleasant working space. I enjoy looking out my sunny window all day long, and at the tree full of red blossoms which is just outside that window. There's a vase of multi-colored roses sitting on my desk. I drink a lot of tea, and I've been savoring my chocolate covered almonds covered in sugar and sea salt. But mainly I've been dreaming of the vacation we'll be taking when this is all over. I know that education should be its own reward, but right now I can't think of a better reward than the eighteen days we'll spend in Stafford (England), Amsterdam, and Munich.

6 comments:

Gill - UK said...

I'm glad your seeing the good things in life as well as working so hard - and what a treat, for all involved, when you go on vacation.
Almonds are really nice without the chocolate, sugar and sea salt - not that I've tried them with!

Bernice said...

Beautiful flowers for a beautiful person. You are doing great.

alexis said...

so close to the end! We can't wait to have you guys here :)

stef said...

I didn't know you were going to Amsterdam! how fun. You guys and your limeys.

MUST FIND. those almonds. They sound heavenly.

unclem-nm said...

I've never heard of anyone finishing their PhD thesis who claimed education was its own reward.

Anonymous said...

i definitely enjoy your posting type, very unique,
don't quit as well as keep posting for the reason that it just well worth to follow it,
excited to look at additional of your own content, regards!