Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat!

We celebrated Halloween last night, at a costume party. Andrew worked on his costume all day. Can you tell what he is?


I was a godess, Athena to be exact. She's the goddess of war and wisdom. I couldn't find an owl to perch on my shoulder, so I'm a bit heavier on the war than on the wisdom part.




I hope you were all duly impressed by Andrew's costume, because the other guests were. He won the prize. Sadly, there is no place for the tree costume in our tiny home, so it's already been, erm, composted.





7 comments:

Bernice said...

Congratulations Andrew! Hope you have room for the trophy. For the Goddess I have a stuffed own you can use next year.

Bernice said...

That was supposed to be a stuffed owl.

alexis said...

lol, I seem to recall Andrew's costume was also pretty creative last year, as well as being non-conducive to drinking.

Gill - UK said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your party - how could you not in those costumes. Did you have far to travel - perhaps people choose not to notice walking palm trees and warlike godesses on the streets of Miami - or were you able to change into the costumes when you arrived?
Does Andrew get to keep the trophy or does it have to be returned for next year's recipient?

Matty Lau said...

Those were great costumes! I find it funny that the animal lover went as a plant and the pacifist ended up being a bit war heavy. I guess Halloween is all about trying on different identities.

Matty Lau said...

BTW, can you send me the pictures of Andy? I love that his head is completely covered up by the fronds.

unclem-nm said...

Never thought of you as the warrior type. Oh well, everyone changes. K'plah.