Monday, May 30, 2011

Weather worries

I'm leaving town for a few weeks. I'll be all over the place - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Maine. The key thing to note from that list is that all of those place are in the North. Packing appropriate clothing is proving to be a challenge. To prove my point, here is some data:

Average high next week in...
Miami - 88F
Wisconsin - 75 F
Maine - 65 F

Average low next week in...
Miami - 78F
Wisconsin - 60 F
Maine - 50 F

The key thing to note is that in Maine (in June) it will be significantly colder than it ever is in Miami (in January). So what I need is clothes that keep me winter-warm without appearing to keep me warm, as that will invite ridicule from my Northern colleagues. So wearing boots and big puffy coats in Maine in June would be ridiculous, but it's what I would actually like to do. At the very least, I think I need a hat. Since the only hats you can buy in Miami right now are big straw ones, I'm thinking about having a wool hat shipped super-quick to my destination. And I will immediately commence with my high-calorie diet to bulk up for the cold weather.

6 comments:

Michael Wittmann said...

Awww, man, we won't be TOO silly if you wear a coat! Plus, today it's in the low 80s and totally gorgeous.

Yeah, i treat anecdote like data.

alexis said...

any chance you have some fall-cool weather stuff still stashed in Ohio?

unclem-nm said...

Actually the 10 day forecast for Merrimac WI is for highs in the 80's.

After all your protestations about moving from the North to Miami, have you succumbed to the enticements of warmth?

Pulisha said...

This has been the hardest adjustment for us in our move from FL to VA. While everyone else is complaining about how hot it is; I am always freezing! Good luck staying warm on your trip. I'm going to miss seeing you guys :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, very cool content on budget car hire dublin airport!!
Boy, good and also incredible. I'll bookmark the site and sign up for the feed as well. I'm excited
to find so many important details here in the
post. We will need to establish way more methods in this regard.
Thank you for writing.

my site - car hire bilbao

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.

The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I'd post
to let you know. The design look great though!
Hope you get the problem solved soon. Many thanks

My homepage :: linked internet site