Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Mini


I had to fight long and hard to convince my husband to get a convertible. There are many good reasons not to have one (especially as your only car). They don't hold much cargo. They cost more than a regular car. Long trips are hell for passengers in the back seat. They're not so great in the winter. (That's what I'm told, anyway. How would I know? I live in Miami.)

But after six months of convertible ownership I can firmly state that it is terrific. Driving in a convertible has all the best parts of motorcycling (exposure to the sun and wind, easy parking) and none of the negatives (sweating in all that safety gear, keeping super alert for crazy drivers). Plus I can do my hair, something that's impossible when wearing a helmet to and from work.

Unfortunately for me, my husband gets to pick the next car, which will probably be chosen for its ability to haul a trailer. So this convertible is likely a brief interlude in a lifetime of station wagons.

6 comments:

Shawn said...

That is a great picture!

Bernice said...

I'm surprised you are not driving it to Ohio.

Gill - UK said...

Decisions have consequences and perhaps a lifetime of station wagons is not so bad - anyway - you might one day own two cars.

Bernice said...

Dad said he could put a trailer hitch on the Mini:)

de-I said...

There you go - the heavy duty hauling Mini convertible.

alexis said...

and might I add you both look very sharp in the convertible too. :)