Sunday, December 11, 2011

This and that

Sometimes I can go the whole weekend and never leave the house; in comparison I was a social butterfly this weekend. Thursday turned into an impromptu date night, and we went to see the new Muppets movie. I highly recommend it if you're a fan of kids movies. (That would be me - the less violence and profanity, the happier I am.) Along with attendance at two parties we also managed to squeeze in a musical, Avenue Q .This musical breaks my low-profanity policy, but it's terrific and it answers the unanswered question, "Are Bert and Ernie gay?"

Today has been a slower day: Andrew is (once again) working on the motorcycle, and I'm planning to do some Christmas shopping. Only nine working days until the Ohio vacation, where I'm supposed to cook Christmas dinner and a multi-course meal for twelve adults. Maybe I'd better start planning...

And... the new glasses. I was going for this look, but Andrew thought they suggested this look.

4 comments:

Michael Wittmann said...

bwa ha ha ha - Andrew's comment about the admiral. Now my kids want to know why I'm laughing so hard...

alexis said...

LOL! I think this clarifies last week's earlier post on husbands complimenting wives by comparing them to aliens? :D

de-I said...

Uh I think Andrew has been caught in some sort of parallel Star Wars centric universe. No way you look like Admiral Akbar. Clearly he is wishing that if he keeps this up you will go Klingon on him.

Gill - UK said...

Are you still going to cook him Christmas dinner? That would be very forgiving of you.