Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back to normal

The verdict after our changing chores experiment: we both do a lot of work, and it seems pretty fairly divided. I learned that I really hate flea combing the cat (ugh) and that Andrew is not a very good kitchen manager (a lot of food spoiled). But now I physically appreciate the fact that Andrew gets up and makes coffee in the morning. When I first wake up, I feel bleary-eye and nauseous. (Can you tell I'm not a morning person?) Being greeted with a cup of coffee in bed is such a different thing than stumbling around getting dressed and fending off loving pets.In the end, we didn't change the amount of work, but we reshuffled the chores a bit because we each discovered some chores we'd rather be doing.
With the end of that experiment, life goes back to normal. The end of the semester, combined with my looming choir concerts, has left me a bit frazzled. So, for now, please be satisfied with some photos:
The hat I wore for Easter.

A view of the Everglades, where we took a tram trip through Shark Valley on Sunday afternoon.
A yawning alligator.

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Being brought a drink in bed each morning may have a genetic basis!!
A's father brings me a cup of tea in bed each morning - that's worth lots of Brownie points.

alexis said...

what a lovely experiment though! I feel OH and I generally do an equal amt of work, most of it munchkin-oriented.

de-I said...

Wife and I have periodically switched roles. For example I do all the cooking now and none of the home repairs.

Can I borrow that alligator for my next Sandia Outfitters mission?