Thursday, February 07, 2013

The dog paddle

Our dog loves to swim, and we conveniently live about a mile and a half from Biscayne Bay, which is the bay the separates Miami from Miami Beach. Last week we walked to the park on the Bay and let her have some swim time.

On the left, she's doing the dog paddle near the shore.
 In the picture below, Ada's looking across to Miami Beach and pondering whether she can swim that far.
This sequence demonstrates how to make a dog look at the camera when she's not particularly interested in the portrait session. The trick: doggie bacon hidden in your hand. 

4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

I'm so glad you found somewhere quiet for Ada to go swimming - A. looks pleased that you got Ada's attention.

Denise Annemarie said...

I'll have to remember that trick for our dog!!

de-I said...

This works for people too - only it has to be real bacon.

alexis said...

awwww, I love the doggy pictures! Ada is a sweetie. Hope I get to meet her soon.