Thursday, May 09, 2013

Taking my time

One of the terrific things about my new job is the commute -it's one mile, and I walk it every day. Until I actually started this, I didn't realize exactly much more wonderful this would be, compared to my previous 45-minute car commute. I stroll through our neighborhood, enjoying the birds and (rather frequently) the sound and smell of rain hitting the trees. In the mornings, since Andrew is still working from home, he and the dog walk me into work. In the evenings, the walk is my decompression time after work, and I'm pretty relaxed by the time I walk in the door.

In other news, the unpacking continues. We managed to find a great secondhand couch last weekend, and we've been appreciating having such a large couch for lounging. In fact, some members of the household are particularly appreciative.


4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

It must be a good size for Andrew to be able to stretch out - don't they look peaceful.
What happened to your purpose-built couch that you had in your office in Miami?

Bernice said...

Did you get permission from the three of them to post their picture?

alexis said...

oh, I see a door behind the couch. Did it go anywhere or was it easy to decide to block it?

de-I said...

This should be a publicity shot for sofa makers every where of the benefits of a good couch.