Monday, May 27, 2013

A weekend in the country

Andrew and I took advantage of our new proximity to Ohio and drove there to visit my brother and his family for Memorial Day weekend. It wasn't convenient for us to stay with them, so we thought we'd stay at my parents' house. My parents are in Peru, but we know where the spare key is, so there was no problem getting into the house.

Staying at someone else's house while they're away is like having your own vacation home in the country. We decided to live it up while we were there, so we invited my brother and sister-in-law and the kids, and had a great weekend.

We took naps in the hammock.

They also had some comfy hanging chairs. Bryce likes to nap in as many places as he can.

We had a cookout. But then we thought we should enjoy all the amenities of the vacation home.

We took advantage of the large-capacity washing machine.

Stacey and I did a bit of welding.

Shawn and Andrew repaired the roof. Unfortunately, the sledgehammer was the only tool we could find.

We dined al fresco.

To cap off the day, we took a drive in the Rambler.

8 comments:

de-I said...

Very cool RSM. I was going to make a wise crack about 'using all the facilities' assuming you didn't get into the shop...but there you and Stacey are welding!

Some how repairing a roof with a sledgehammer seems like having the potential to do more damage than repair!

alexis said...

LOL. I can't wait to see how your parents express their "appreciation" for all the things you did to their house while they were gone. Love Bryce's expression while his sister drives.

The al fresco one had me in stitches.

Denise Annemarie said...

What a fun weekend!

Bernice said...

Dad and I read this from Cusco, Peru. Dad said he did not know we had such a treasure. We will start renting it out. There sure are a lot of activities a guest can do.

Mom is a bit worried that there are other things you did, but did not put on the blog that will be a surprise when we return.

Glad you had a wonderful time. We are sorry we missed it.



Bernice said...

Dad and I read this from Cusco, Peru. Dad said he did not know we had such a treasure. We will start renting it out. There sure are a lot of activities a guest can do.

Mom is a bit worried that there are other things you did, but did not put on the blog that will be a surprise when we return.

Glad you had a wonderful time. We are sorry we missed it.



Stef said...

Ah hahahahaha. Love the post and the parental reply

Pulisha said...

I thought when you had a party at your parents' house when they were out of town that you were supposed to hide it from them? ;)

Anonymous said...

This. This post made me smile. :)

-Tim