Sunday, December 21, 2014

Painting

     I'm back in Ohio for the holidays. The trip here was unpleasant - it lasted hours longer than usual, and involved a sick dog and cat. My car now smells of dog poo, and that's more than you want to know already. I was extremely glad to arrive.
     I am a product of my family: we are a project-doers. My sister-in-law, the architect of many great home painting enterprises in the past, convinced my parents to repaint their living and dining room. They've been meaning to do this since they moved in eight years ago, but never got around to it. Now that we've started, I can see why they have been putting it off. The two-story foyer feeds into the living room, which feeds into the dining room and kitchen, which connects to the hallway. Essentially, we need to paint several thousand square feet of walls in one go.
     My father built a tremendous scaffold and has been repairing walls. My brother is taping, while my sister-in-law and mother are buying paint. I've been steaming off wallpaper. We put the kids to work removing electrical outlet covers. What a productive holiday this will be!


4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Some folks are gluttons for punishment. I imagine Phi and Ada made themselves scarce just in case they were roped in.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Wonderful to have so much help! Hope you guys have a great Christmas.

de-I said...

Having that many people working on the project would certainly make it a much easier and more doable task.

alexis said...

LOL, I can't think of anything more suitable for your family's Xmas. Sorry about the sucky trip out there! Sounds epic.