Friday, January 08, 2016

This and that

Today I've just got two pictures, to show that my life is more than just work and plumbing.

I snapped this picture in the old house, and it's one of the few that have both the cat and dog in it. My pets are good company, and they keep my quiet house from being a lonely house.
I went to see a friend in my old neighborhood last weekend. When I walked by my former garden, I noticed that a huge patch of fennel had taken root from spilled seeds sometime after I cleaned the garden in early October. It's been so warm this winter that they hadn't frozen, so I picked the whole crop, one day before we got a hard freeze. I love fennel, and this (accidental) crop is the most I've ever grown at once. I've been eating fennel salads all week.

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Wow - I wonder if you'd thought of growing fennel at this time of year - the mild weather is confusing the plants, but the crop looks good.

de-I said...

Holy Bundles of Fennel! Fennel does not grow particularly well here in the high desert. I've tried. I love fennel. Slow roast it in some olive oil with Parmesan cheese slices!

alexis said...

your clothes in the sunlight speak volumes about the crazy mild weather!