Friday, June 24, 2016

Planning

I'm still not sleeping in my bedroom, but I'm close. The oil-based polyurethane takes days to cure, and you're supposed to wait up to two weeks before you let a dog walk on it. There didn't seem to be much point to me staying in the bedroom if I had to rig up a barrier to prevent the Ada from coming in. This decision was made easier by the fairly comfy guest bed; if I had been sleeping on the floor you can bet the dog would have been banished to a separate room.

I started to put my bed back together tonight but noticed that the frame was scratched and the metal finish a bit worn. "No point in assembling this if I'm just to going to disassemble and paint it in a few months," I said to myself. "Better to repaint it right now." So tomorrow morning I'll nip out to Home Depot, buy a few cans of paint, and paint the frame in the backyard before reassembling it. This may be interpreted as:

  1. Lunacy, because I shouldn't be starting another project when I have to repaint the bathroom and move back into my bedroom before next weekend when my parents arrive.
  2. Brilliance, because I have already unpacked my bedroom THREE TIMES in the short time I've lived here, and I don't want to do it a fourth time.
Possible both labels apply.

5 comments:

de-I said...

I'm so glad this is all stuff you love to do and that when you pass over to your transitioned state you will be doing these types of things because you want to. Maybe you're in the transitioned state already and don't even know it.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

That looks like a hard choice. I'm still doing a lot of projects - but not so physically demanding. PS: Maybe you should tell your parents they are invited to a painting party!

alexis said...

hah. well we're looking to buy a flat soon so hopefully you'll have some tips for us learned from your diligent work.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Alexis, here's my tip: try doing simple DIY stuff if you can, because it saves money. But if you find out you hate doing it, save money elsewhere and pay someone to do the home repairs :)

Gill - UK said...

I go with brilliance - do a job when it presents itself, then you can relax.