Monday, July 29, 2019

Success

Two weeks ago I had the misfortune of having my car and bicycle break in the same week. I schlepped the bike to the bike shop and paid to have the tire replaced. I then took the car to the mechanic, because I have always vowed that I will not do car repairs. I just have to draw the line on repairs somewhere, and some number of years ago I decided I would focus on home DIY and leave the car to others.

Until I heard that it would cost $700 to repair my window, that is. The motor had quit working, so the window would go down, but not back up. My father convinced me that I could do it, and he was right! I allowed two hours to do what the Internet said was a 45-minute job, and it was just about perfect. The power window goes up and down, I managed to have no leftover parts, and I am brimming with new-mechanic confidence. Oh, and I saved almost $600, so this was a total win.

5 comments:

Gill - UK said...

An impressive saving - and a new talent discovered. Well done RM.

de-I said...

Did you do it on your own or did Dad talk you through it?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

My Dad convinced me that I could do it and verified that I bought the right part. YouTube talked me thorough it. Then my father celebrated with me :)

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Fantastic Job!

alexis said...

omg you should definitely feel proud. And how amazing is the internet to make that kind of info available? Not to underestimate your already considerable experience in repair, which I'm sure stood you in good stead.