Thursday, November 19, 2020

New furry friends

I've been missing pets, but not wanting the commitment, so I'm suddenly a cat foster parent. Things I've learned so far: cats are in short supply and foster cats like people. With the pandemic, lots of people are looking for pets, and each of these was adopted within a week. My job is to keep them healthy, give them a bit of love, and write a great dating profile. The potential adopters see the photos and bio I provide, and then meet the pets by video, when I talk up all their cuddly traits.

In other news, both of these cats snuggled me more in one week than Wesley the cat did in a year. He really was a lovable curmudgeon, who tolerated me until his real family came back for him.




 

8 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Did you have both cats at the same time?

de-I said...

I would not be against cats except for allergies and pets restrict travel. But this seems like a good solution

Anonymous said...

I only have one cat at a time. I think the foster place prefers that, because it makes my house a haven for animals that are shy or stressed by other animals.

alexis said...

what a wonderful way to have the animal without the long term commitment! I love this scheme.

Shaela said...

So did you get another one?

Shaela said...

So did you get another one?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

The last cat was a lot of work - a joy to be around, but I forgot how just-grown kittens want to crawl into every cabinet and drawer. Work is rather stressful right now, so I think I'll sign up for another one after the holidays. Maybe I'll even foster a dog at some point.

Gill - UK said...

Well done you - fostering abandoned pets - and you get to share your lovely home and pamper them with TLC