Monday, December 13, 2021

Friends


When I was a kid, the 64 set of crayola Crayons was *the* status symbol to have. However, the school supply list only specified that you needed to bring 24 crayons, and that's all my parents ever bought me. (They were teaching me to be frugal even then!) I was always a bit envious of the kids who had the extra-large set of crayons. A friend heard me tell this story in the summer, and so he and his family sent me my very first box of 64 colors. I'm so excited, it's best Christmas gift ever! 

I've really appreciated all the kind thoughts and messages from people. One friend keeps bringing me mushy food (and now, a coloring book so I can use the crayons) and another friend brought me these beautiful flowers. 

Today I had my the first of two root canals, and looking at the flowers and all of my coloring supplies makes me very grateful for all my friends who are keeping my spirits up.

5 comments:

Shaela said...

How did the root canal go?

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Well, I didn't realize that I wouldn't feel any reduction in pain until 3-4 days after, but the endodontist thought it was very successful!

alexis said...

what an amazing group of friends you have for these challenging times. I am surprised you didn't have any pain reduction, I guess it depends on the nature of the cause for which you need the root canal?

de-I said...

Will you be doing a showing of your crayon art when this is all done?

Gill - UK said...

Half way there - you seem to have found yourself a very competent endologist