Thursday, January 26, 2023

Touring the (amazing and kitschy) sights

Most of the trip to Ohio featured pretty cruddy weather, so I had to cancel my planned bike rides. But that left more time for tourist attractions.
I expect this photo to get me mad street cred in the right crowd. This was in Columbus, Ohio, where one family from the Star Trek Group lives, and they were amazed that they had never seen it before.
This Giant Atomic Mouse lives in Cordele, Georgia, on the property of a pest management company. Who will prevail? Only time (and the inevitable comic book adventure) will tell.
Pigs and pancakes. As my friend M said, they are so happy because you are eating pancakes instead of them.
Muffler man turned out to be not that exciting. He was about the size of me, and I´m not that big.
But the final attraction did not disappoint... an actual centaur skeleton! Housed in a tasteful wooden display cabinet, like those used by Victorian gentleman collectors, it is displayed in the center of the University of Tennessee University library. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad you’re getting great use out of the Roadside America site. Just the best weird stuff!!!!

alexis said...

this blog entry is pure gold. I am super impressed you managed to see all these iconic monuments in one go. I hope the visits with friends are also going well!

de-I said...

Let it never be said that you allowed A-List focus to dominate your travel life.