Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Land of Jello and Tractors

In my efforts to expose my friend Matty to the stylish world of the Midwest, I did my best to provide her with activities typical to my life while growing up. However, I fear that she was really introduced more the the Goertzen way of life than anything particularly midwestern. We did enjoy the previously discussed pretzel jello salad, and had a large cookout. But we also spent lots of time on heavy machinery. Proof is furnished here in the two posted pictures, one of Matty looking tough on a 80cc bike (which is rather difficult on such a miniscule bike) and Jonathan channeling the Midwest Gothic at Tractor Supply Center. The guests also had a chance to eat lots of meat, drive a tractor, and take naps on a hammock. For more pictures, see the photo motage that Matty made, right above this post.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "look tough"? I am tough! GRRRR!

Anonymous said...

Can I just point out that, while size is difficult to ascertain in Matty's motorcycle photo, she is, in fact, wearing the helmet I received for my sixth birthday...