Friday, November 17, 2006

Here come the holidays!

Thanksgiving is almost here. I'm so excited. As I've done for the past three years, I'm hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for all the people (read: physics graduate students) who have nowhere else to go. Many of them aren't from the U.S., so that makes it even more fun - they have no expectations about grandma's stuffing or their favorite cranberry sauce.

Since we do it as a potluck, my job is to cook the turkey and a few other dishes, and then I get to spend the rest of my time doing the fun work of decorating. Putting out the fall colored tablecloths, making bouquets of branches and berries and stuff I find out in the yard, and making place tags. Not turky-themed place cards, I assure you. Something classier. Which I will, um, decide on real soon.

In my next post I will detail my patented, absolutely favorite way to cook a turkey. I haven't actually eat a turkey cooked in this way, but I swear, it gets good reviews every year. Gotta love the irony of the vegetarian being in charge of the turkey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a mashed potato themed name card?

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see pictures!! But I take issue with turkey name cards not being classy. Especially when they care filled in with several attractive, non-complimentary colors