Monday, March 19, 2007

In the Garden of Good and Evil

So what does a blogger do when life isn't appropriate to the blog? I've had stuff going on for the past few weeks that has sort of consumed my life, yet it's not stuff I'm willing to share with the world. Mostly the people who read this blog (hello family!) are people who I would bare my soul to (I do have a tendency to ramble on, I admit) but I always try to write assuming that my coworkers and random stalkers could be reading. The stuff that's been taking up my life is now done, though, so I'll try to life a suitably frivolous life again, appropriate to blogging.

I'm so excited about my trip to Savannah. Spring break is this week, and on Wednesday we're headed down to Dixie. (Note to potential thieves: my roommate will still be at home, so don't bother trying to get your little paws on my thrift-store finds). I lived in Savannah when I was ten and I'm looking forward to seeing it with grown up eyes. I remember Spanish moss, and sweet tea, and discovering the fact that (unbeknownst to me) I was a Yankee. I believe that there might be a bit more to the city than that. For one thing, the city was relatively untouched during the Civil War. (As I understand it, the city leaders just handed over the city to Sherman when he threw a temper tantrum and said if he couldn't have it, no one could. And waved those matches around menacingly.) As a result, it's filled with lovely antebellum mansions. And we're going in spring, so I expect heaps ofazaelas and other flowery things to grace the many parks.

So, stay tuned. Next week I'll report in full. In the meantime, I return you to March Madness.

3 comments:

stef said...

I've been thinking about that same blogging conundrum myself of late. Have a wonderful vacation!

alexis said...

me too! You know, there are ways to set your blog to private and grant permission to only some people.

Pulisha said...

Unfortunately it's true, blogging is really only good to convey the frivolities of daily life and other such stuff. The truly important stuff is best left to be discussed in places where random (or not so random) people can't read it. We are thinking of you!