Friday, June 01, 2007

Visitors from another dimension - children

My brother and his family are coming for the weekend! I am so excited. Expect many, many pictures of my incredibly cute niece next week.

We're ready: we've purchased everyone's favorite drinks, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and I'm baking a cake tonight. I think the best way to show someone that you love them is with buttercream frosting.

I have never had a toddler spend more than an hour in my house. I've tried to pack up everything that she could either eat or bang her head on, but I'm sure I'll have misjudged what I should have done. I'll just have to count on her parents to keep her alive for the weekend, in spite of the (probable) death trap that my house is.

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fear not. Parents are generally very protective. Thats why most of us survive childhood!

Anonymous said...

As what any toddler really want is for you (the adult) to play the same game with them for inordinate amounts of time, the only real danger will be to your sanity.