Thursday, July 19, 2007

No news is good news

Starting this morning, I have imposed a media blackout. Well, it's really more of a media brownout. I am one of the legion of Harry Potter fans who detests spoilers. Since a few copies have already escaped, I'm only consuming media that I'm reasonably sure will not tell me anything I don't want to know. Before today's events, I would have assumed that avoiding HP websites and television would be sufficient. But since the newspaper The Baltimore Sun published spoilers (this may be just a rumor, but as I won't look at any news sites, I can't confirm), I've decided I need to be extra careful until my copy arrives on Saturday.

So, adieu to NPR and the Washington Post. Goodbye to surfing the Web (maybe I'll actually get some work done). I'll see you all again once I emerge from my book on Sunday morning.

3 comments:

alexis said...

hahahah! Considering I didn't even hear about the pipeline explosion in NY, I think I'm pretty safe from HP spoilers. :)

I am going to see the latest film this weekend tho!

Anonymous said...

Bye Styling. Have a good hibernation

stef said...

I'm trying to avoid spoilers too. But considering I haven't even bought the book yet I think chances are slim that I am going to get to read it before I hear what happened.