Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer

Yesterday was a perfect summer day. Andrew got up early and played golf (which was perfect because he got to play golf and I got to sleep in) and then we went to the beach. There we feasted on tomatoes and bread (these tomatoes were so yummy that they didn't need things like salt and pepper or aioli to make them taste better) and iced tea and deviled eggs. Then we played in the surf, took a nap in the sun, and came home.

The only un-perfect thing was that Andrew got sunburn on his belly-button. (Let that be a lesson: when they tell you to apply sunscreen everywhere, they mean everywhere.

Now I'm off to conferences. I'll probably be be out of touch for the next two weeks, but don't feel bad - when I return I'm sure I'll be full of fascinating tales of curriculum development and implications for classroom activties.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I have lost all memory of what warm feels like. This weekend we had a high of er... 18? What is that, 60's or something.

Have fun at the conference, give'em physics hell!

stef said...

oooo. I hope you get a chance to do a bit of remote posting from the conference(s?). I always love hearing about physichists and what they do to let their hair down!

Anonymous said...

If physicists are anything like accountants, they are probably total animals when they go to conferences.