Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Whistle while you work

Ahhhh, the book was lovely. I'm just so sorry it's all over. Although I won't miss the sobs that wracked my body for two days as I mourned so many dead characters. I understand that it required death to show what a big, important book the Order of the Phoenix was but did we need so many? As all my acquaintances know, I am prone to tears in the best of times (Who cries over Kleenex commercials? Why, I do. Talk about creating a market for your product.)and this certainly did me in.

But on to happier thoughts. I have been busting my butt this week. It's the week before everything happens to me, and I'm busy getting ready. And by everything, I mean that next week I attend a conference, give two talks, schmooze for four days, oh and I'm moving. Of course, when I say I'm moving, I really mean that my stuff is being moved, because I won't even be in the state while it's happening. But don't think I've just left all the work for Andrew. I've been packing for three weeks, and gosh darn it, I guarantee I'll be leaving that house gully packed up and ready to be transported.

Enough of the complaining - I'm grateful that I get a full night's sleep every night (unlike my acquaintances who just had babies), I'm happy that I'll be living in a new place, with Andrew, soon. And I'm looking forward to my conferences being done in two weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having seen your tears in action in response to fiction, I'm glad that Andrew has learned to "go with the flow"

alexis said...

I loved the book!! The only thing I didn't care for as much was the heavy pro-family stance at the end. Not that that is bad, just it was mentioned a lot.

Anonymous said...

Good point, Alexis. I'm usually bothered by that kind of thing too. I read some commentator say that this fit in with her theme of the connection between kids and their parents, and this was originally a kids' book, and then I was more okay with it.