Thursday, September 06, 2007

Bits and bobs

All I can say on the issue of okra is that I'm highly suspicious of a vegetable for which people have developed so many techniques to disguise the texture. If it is so wonderful, why do we have to work so hard to hide parts of it? That said, if someone cooked me some and put it on my plate, I'd eat it. I just don't like it enough to prepare it myself.

I keep meaning to put up some pictures of the new apartment. However, while I swear that I've unpacked everything, I can't find the cord that connects the camera to the computer...

My mother is coming next week, at my invitation, to give me decorating advice. I'll be sure to report on the details, especially on my attempts to turn my wood-paneled living room into a groovy 60's den. Shag carpet has already been purchased, but the rest of this masterpiece remains a vision in my head.

3 comments:

alexis said...

oh goody, I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Okra is apparently forbidden in the NL. I've never seen it here. Problem for me thus, is solved!

Anonymous said...

Okra, sigh, the meat of the vegetable community for a vegetarian.

stef said...

Shag? Wood paneling? I can't wait!