Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pork and more pork

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while. This week has been pretty exhausting, as I took my regular responsibilities and added about 15 hours more work to it. My students had their first exam, which I now need to grade, and I did some interviews for a project that I'm working on. I still have lab notebooks and regular homeworks to grade, which means that my desk is just one big mess of papers waiting for my marking pen. What a fun weekend...

But I can report that the pig roast was a great success. I didn't have to do much at all, as my mother had been preparing side dishes and desserts (plus three different homemade barbecue sauces!) for about a week and my dad and uncle manned the pig roaster itself. (Apparently possession of a Y chromosome is required for this type of work).

Andrew and the physics friend who had accompanied us feasted heartily on the meat, as demonstrated here:




For even more, check out my uncle's post on his blog, de-Intimidator which gives all the gory and glorious details.

4 comments:

alexis said...

was there jello salad too??

Anonymous said...

Sadly, there was no jello in sight. I wouldn't have even known I was in the Midwest except for the fact that we were surrounded by cornfields.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even think of that. What a tragedy.

Anonymous said...

That pig is nearly the size of you or me Ms. Stylish!
Put in those terms, it is a bit disconcerting to me to see Ms. Piggy hangin' in the photos of your uncle's blog!