Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend Projects

The pattern that seems to be developing at our house is that I have brilliant (if I do say so myself) ideas for projects around the house, and then I convince Andrew to complete them. Often he is not as convinced as I am of my brilliance, but afterwards he usually likes the results. Below is one of these projects. I bought an old desk at a thrift shop (Eight dollars! And just look at those lines! I fell in love fast) and then he removed one of the drawers and lowered the bottom a bit to make room for the computer tower, which is now neatly tucked away. We're still discussing if we should just leave it like this or build a cabinet door over it.

(And before you ask, because everyone does, he also removed the drawer back so the computer is cooling just fine.)

A second recent project, which I completed myself, was the quick conversion of a new garbage can to a compost bin. Yes, all I had to do was drill a bunch of holes in it, but I was still proud of myself.

I did a lot of painting this weekend, too, but pictures of that will have to wait because it really doesn't look that impressive in its as-yet-uncompleted state.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Andrew had done his due diligence and researched the type of household you came from (i.e. your Dad's marginal propensity to build) he would have known that these types of projects were a mandatory condition for hooking up with you.

stef said...

Very cool desk. Starting the composting eh? What will you do with it? Does this mean you have a garden at the new digs too?

alexis said...

I am feeling a little embaressed. Most of my projects involve sewing buttons back onto my shirts....