Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Mazel tov!

My Star Trek group had a little party last night to celebrate a momentous engagement. (Sure we've got two engaged couples in the group, but this was bigger than that.) George Takei* recently announced his engagement to his partner of 21 years, Brad Altman. This happened, surprisingly, right after California ruled that gay marriages were legal. We were so tickled by both of these developments that we made them a cake (which was also my trial-run wedding cake) and a congratulatory sign.


*Sure, you know George Takei. He played Sulu on the original Star Trek series and he has this amazingly smooth, deep voice.

3 comments:

alexis said...

awww, you are the sweetest group of nerds ever! :)

stef said...

I really don't know what to say to that. Other than I hope you send this pic to his fan site or myspace page!

stef said...

PS. And I can't believe you guys aren't doing this: http://www.geeksugar.com/1686974