Monday, June 02, 2008

Just a bit off the sides, please

GACK! I have so much writing to do in the next three days that I'm considering skipping my monthly writing meeting... While we do write during our time together, sometimes we also talk about our writing. And I can't be wasting my time yapping; there are too many words to pry out of my brain.

In the meantime, I learned something that will make one of my chores easier. I have been cutting both my and Andrew's hair, because, well, I am insanely frugal. While it's more complex to cut my own hair because of the mirror, scissors, and comb juggling, Andrew's haircut is more trouble. This is because, no matter how long it is, he doesn't see the need to have it cut and thus protests mightily. He prefers the Old Testament prophet look, as far as I can tell. But this time I took a cue from those children's barbers who show kids cartoons so they'll sit still during the haircut. I hauled the laptop into the bathroom, turned on Star Trek, and handed him a glass of wine; he sat quietly the whole time I was cutting.

6 comments:

Matty Lau said...

Nice work on the haircutting! I say in times of writing, the good prophet look might be the way to go.

:)

As for yapping during our writing time, try earplugs. :)

stef said...

hee! too funny

Bernice said...

Do you make house calls? Marge could not get an appointment for almost a month so is desperate. You sure are a good at solving problems.

Anonymous said...

Haircut blogs need illustrations - please

UK afriend

Anonymous said...

If someone would give me wine and Star Trek, I'd get a haircut every week!

alexis said...

this is the most stylish solution to hair cutting yet! :)