Thursday, May 29, 2008

A brief aside

One of my advisers told me that I need to learn about styles. She was referring to this nifty part of Word that lets you format titles and headings more efficiently. And she was right, I did need to learn about styles. But I didn't need the tutorial where Word promised that it would help me make my documents more stylish. My writing already drips with style, thank you very much.

Now, if only it dripped with clarity and persuasiveness as well. Sigh... Back to my editing.

4 comments:

Michael Wittmann said...

Wait! Wait! Lemme guess, it was RS, right?!

She did the same thing to me when we wrote a grant together years ago. Ahem.

And you are, of course, totally amped on the style. Duh.

alexis said...

anyone who can give physics any kind of style should be given a bit of leeway when it comes to other factors!

stef said...

hee hee.

Anonymous said...

I hired a guy the other day who has a Ph.D. in Physics from the University of New Mexico. (not sure if UNM counts??).
At any rate, he kicked off a gnarly conversation on the Accelerator Production of Tritium and Jupiter Icy Moons Orbiter programs. WHOA!!
I asked him if he heard of Keith Moon? hehe, j/k.