Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Vintage clothes, in a way

A good friend just defended his thesis (and graduated! Congratulations, Doctor!). He wore a suit and tie, which isn't that unusual, although the field of physics is not known for its sartorial excellence. He did make one distinct (though subtle) fashion statement. The tie he wore was also the same one he wore to his 8th grade graduation, high school graduation, and college graduation. Does anyone else have a piece of clothing that they've owned for 15 years (and that you still wear)?

3 comments:

stef said...

Congrats to your friend! I'm trying to imagine the tie that could go from 8th grade to now. I'm guessing it's pretty mundane.

Anonymous said...

Does athletic wear count? I have gear I picked up my soccer days that is close to that old and still being used. It's actually incredible how well some of this stuff holds up.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

And I've realized that I own a bathrobe that I received on my 18th birthday, which makes it 15 this year. I wear it often, in spite of the many rips.