Friday, July 24, 2009

How many salads can you eat in a summer?

An alert reader (Thanks, Mom!) sent me a link to the New York Times Food section this week. In it, Mark Bittman pairs up ingredients for 101 salads. I'm always looking for inspiration, and there are some combinations which would stretch my salad boundaries. What do you think of jicama, mango, coconut milk, and curry powder? Watermelon, feta, mint, and olive? (Actually, I've made that one before, and it's terrific.) Dandelion greens with preserved lemon and feta? He's classifications are a bit loose (he sneaks anchovies into the vegetarian listings), but there's really something for everybody. Check it out: if you add some good bread, you can get a killer meal that only requires chopping.

And now I'm off for a week-long conference in Michigan. See you soon.

3 comments:

stef said...

Thanks for the link! Can't wait to check them out.

alexis said...

awesome, should be able to find most of these ingredients in A'dam

unclem-nm said...

I need to do this. My salads are so predictable.