Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For bad hair days

I've been really diving into the 40's and 50's vintage look lately. A few weeks ago I found an online store called Scarf World which filled a hole in my wardrobe. With my latest purchases I own more than two dozen scarves. (And let me point out that collecting scarves is a much more fitting hobby for someone in a tiny apartment than collecting shoes.)

Now I can put these new scarves together with my new knowledge of 40's scarf tying so that I can go to work looking like this.



7 comments:

Gill - UK said...

I imagine it's cooler to have your hair tied into a scarf and that must be more comfortable for you in Miami temperatures.

alexis said...

oh brilliant! I was just thinking I wanted to do something different with my hair - going to check out the site right now :)

Bernice said...

It will also be helpful when you are driving with the top down! Do the students recognize that you are dressing for the 40s by choice or do they just think you are like other physics professors who don't even have a clue? HA

Bernice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
de-I said...

Funny, the last thing that I want to do is find things that remind folks that I was part of the 50's :)

Pulisha said...

Oh, I love it! Your pics make me miss FL so much! It has been raining almost every day here for almost the entire month of Sep. There's no way I could get away with scarves in the hair. They look amazing!

Shaela said...

Wow. I always thought mine just looked wrong because my head was too big!