Monday, October 03, 2011

Respite

Those of you dreading the approaching winter: now is the time to make your Miami travel plans. The temperatures here have dropped the all important three or four degrees. This week we're looking at highs around 85 F (That's in the 30 F for my non-US friends). It's still warm enough to go to the beach (we went twice this weekend, which is a record for us), but it's cool enough to put the top down on the convertible in the evenings.

Along with those two trips to the beach, we also spent Saturday evening listening to strangers tell us their true stories, at Lip Service. People can submit their stories, judges pick the best ones, and then they read them on stage. (Listen to examples here.) Good fun, although they were a bit overwhelming for my sensitive soul. The stories included three deaths and one stabbing. Good thing I always bring a fresh handkerchief to any kind of theater performance.

5 comments:

Dr. BG said...

Hi! Not to be too picky, but 85F is not 30F, it's 30C. I don't think I would like to go to the beach if it were 30F! :P

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Good catch, Dr. BG. Let this be a lesson to us all on the importance of units :)

Shaela said...

Call me crazy, but I just don't think 85 is cold enough to kill mosquitoes, Renee Michelle!

alexis said...

I have lived too long in Amsterdam - 30C is melting temperature here. People sunbathe at 22-24C :D

unclem-nm said...

Yes, not up for hearing stories of woe for entertainment. Get enough of that in the news.