Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The Glades

We had lovely weather last weekend (read: finally cool enough that we can put the top down on the car), so we took a drive through the Everglades. Several entrances to the park are less than an hour from our house, so we managed the trip in an afternoon. I'm a bit pressed for time because I'm leaving for a short vacation tomorrow, so I'll let the pictures do the talking.

From a distance, the Everglades kind of look like the Midwest. Flat.
Even slight changes in elevation are a big deal, because they're the difference between dry ground and swamp.
We saw many birds, but I don't know anything about them.

Andrew's straw hat fits again, now that he cut off all his hair.

4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Andrew with a Kojak cut - that's a bit drastic.
A drive through the glades sounds good - I like the bird pictures - they look kind of storky - herony type birds.

Bernice said...

What a great way so spend the afternoon. I am so jealous.

alexis said...

how wonderful that you have such a natural treasure so near to your house.

And can I say, LOVE the scarf! So chic!

unclem-nm said...

Yes - stylish as always RM. I love the contrast of where you will be this weekend when you have the "pass" at 3 feet in altitude.