Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Styling St. Patrick's Day

We had dinner guests on Saturday night, and I was feeling a bit lazy, so I went with old standbys - homemade pizzas. One was topped with goat cheese and olives, and one with eggs and truffle oil. The nice thing about inviting new people to dinner is that you can serve them food you eat every week and they think it's something new and different. One of the guests had the foresight to bring green food coloring, so that we could celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I enjoyed how festive the water glasses were, but I'm happy he didn't add the food coloring to the pizzas.
I'm still in love with panna cotta. It uses gelatin, which makes it non-vegetarian, but dissolving sugar and gelatin into whipping cream is the work of only a few minutes. And who can fail to be impressed with solid cream? This recipe called for fruit and candied almonds.

4 comments:

Pulisha said...

Awesome spread! That panna cotta looks to die for!

de-I said...

Doesn't get more Irish than pizza!

alexis said...

LOL, RM you are not supposed to give away secrets like things you do daily! how do you know your guests aren't sneaking around the blog?

Matty Lau said...

Panna cotta on a daily basis? ;) J and I were recently (as in this weekend on my jello "vacation") talking about making jello with milk or cream type substances. We couldn't recall what we had recently that had that in it. Thanks for the lovely reminder. Yes, how could one turn away from cream and jello?