Monday, July 23, 2012

Samosas

We've been trying to budget more carefully, and that means we eat out less. I console myself with the fact that I can make almost any food we would buy, as long as I'm willing to put the effort into a project. So although Indian cuisine has defeated me in the past, I decided to try again.

Yesterday we spent a long day at the storage place, sorting through much of the stuff that we'd kind of like to keep but have no space to keep. It was three hours of hot, tedious work, and I thought we deserved a treat at the end. (Andrew especially deserved it, as he'd been doing all the lifting.) So I made samosas and peach chutney and they were perfect, especially served with whiskey.

2 comments:

de-I said...

I never thought about whiskey as the accompaniment for samosas

alexis said...

whew, but that was certainly a bit more work for you to put those together after the long day?