Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Big news - we're moving!

My house is filled with boxes and I have a to-do list that's a page long. The cause of all this? We're moving! I'm happy to report that we're moving (back) to the Washington, DC area. In fact, we'll be only a few miles from where we lived back in graduate school. I've accepted a job as an education program manager with the American Physical Society, which is the professional organization for physicists. I think the job is a wonderful opportunity in a terrific working environment and I'm quite excited to be back in DC. This move gets us closer to my parents (only a seven-hour drive) and puts Andrew in range of many universities, which is good for his job prospects. Of course, I am sad to be leaving all my terrific co-workers and the friends that we've made in Miami. We've already found a house, so I'm madly packing so that we're ready when the moving truck arrives in two weeks.

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Holy Bananas! That is awesome!! Can't wait to have you guys up here again. Two Weeks!?! You certainly make things happen. Super excited.

Gill - UK said...

Congratulations on the new job - and you'll get to enjoy the seasonal weather that you missed in Miami.

Pulisha said...

Congrats to you both, what an awesome opportunity! Now we'll get to see you when we come back to DC for training in 2014. :)

de-I said...

Wow! Very excited to hear more about the position and opportunity. Know if fits well into the goals you two have been working on.

alexis said...

wow, congrats! I am super happy for you. More family in one area is always good for us though I'm sorry we didn't make it to Miami, too slow!